Live Your Days In Praise!
Knowing what you are thankful for is a great starting point for a LifeStory. Making note of what you are thankful for t0day, this month, in the past year, or throughout your life, is a great starting point for living a life that you love. Have you ever tried making a gratitude list of absolutely everything you are grateful for? or maybe keeping a daily list of a few things you’ve been thankful for at the end of each day? Here are some ideas:
- Pray to the Lord and thank Him for the blessings in your life. You may like to pray from the Psalms or other beautiful passages that express what you feel
- Make a list, keep a diary, record them in a journal, whatever will help you to remember God’s gifts to you
- Tell others! Some fun ways to share the things you are thankful for are:
- Put them in writing to post at home, in the office, at church, wherever you think would be a good spot. Why not? You never know what may inspire or give someone else hope
- Talk with others! Get together with your spouse, a friend, a small group to tell and pray about what you are grateful for
- Have a weekly family “thanksgiving time” to celebrate and give thanks to the LORD for what He has done that week. Model for your children an attitude of gratitude
- Send a note of appreciation, a quick email, or make a phone call to someone who has particularly blessed you
- Send them to us here! Make a list, send a prayer of thanks, whatever you like. We will only post with your permission.
- Make a collage or create artwork to express, represent, or communicate your thankfulness. Decorate a hallway or room with a set of meaningful images
- Check out Good List Daily “What Are You Grateful for Today?” — a very cute site where you can post the ten things you are thankful for each day
Being grateful is something we often have to make a conscious effort to do, but it is always worth it, and a great habit to develop. Ask God to give you a grateful heart, and see what He does!
Living Gratefully and Graciously
How do we live out a life of thanksgiving?
- Remembering the Lord’s forgiveness, His grace, and His gift of salvation to us, by sharing the Good News and showing God’s grace to others
- Forgiving others and asking for others to forgive us
- Sharing what we have and giving from our resources–time, money, home, possessions, knowledge
- Being with others and using our gifts and talents to bless them and bring glory to God
- Being with God in prayer to the Lord, thanking Him for answers to prayers, and putting new requests before Him on behalf of others
- Worshiping God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, for Who His Is and what He has done.